Friday, February 12, 2010

Make it Happen...

I had my first interview w/ new comers to the reggeaton scene Dyland & Lenny yesterday and I was sweating buckets. I usually don't get nervous-- except when I'm holding the experience to be life changing/memorable (I'm gonna guess my wedding date I'll need deodorant near by).

I was able to use a private room during my lunch break which was great since I needed the speaker to be semi-loud on the phone. Everything was set up to go, and then the computer decides to shut down (PC's are officially the root of all evil). Fret not, I didn't panic. I simply laughed for about a minute, after all life is funny that way.

When the phone rang I quickly took out pen and paper and did it the old school way. By the end of the interview I had a couple of pages filled with great quotes and information on these two gentleman that could last me for days. Oh, did I mention I had to do the interview in Spanish? Good thing I was raised in Venezuela huh? haha (pow dow).


The experience was exhilarating, the guys were able to help me forget about my perspiring issue and that my hand had to move as quick as my mind. I must say, charming to the last second. They both kept it so humble, and made me laugh the whole time. I will be rooting for them and congratulate them on being signed to Sony.

I love hearing stories of people who find themselves to be ordinary and soon come to see they are extraordinary beings in the eyes of millions. Inspiring? I'd say so.

Check out their single out now... Right on time for Vday. <3

0 comments: