Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's okay to look back


I tend to save conversations I've had with people, mainly because sometimes I need to rewind time and see what was happening at a particular moment in my life.

I found an email sent by my ex-boyfriend to me on 11/7/09...

"you said so much that registered with me last night, but one thing in particular was when you said something like "if nothing more you will at least remember for being nice" Yeah that's not verbatim, you didn't say "nice". But the point is you were living in the moment, and you were giving me you, you were not worried at all about the future, you were content with the fact that no matter what happens we will at least share this great memory. We will remember how fun, loving, warm, exciting, our experience was. Even if that experience only consisted of one special night.

I appreciate you. "


In romance nothing is guaranteed, just like in life. You never know when things will last or break apart, but whatever happens in the end... the important thing is that you remember that it's okay to look back. And it's also okay to feel good about what once was very important in your life.

Ms. Blanco

0 comments: